PHP Classes

While developing the file upload part in an admin section in ...

Recommend this page to a friend!

EnTransliteration  >  All threads  >  While developing the file upload...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:While developing the file upload...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Xajel
Date:2011-01-22 08:10:29

Xajel rated this package as follows:

Utility: Good
Consistency: Good
Documentation: Bad
Examples: Good

1. While developing the file upload...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Xajel Xajel - 2011-01-22 08:10:29
While developing the file upload part in an admin section in a website I'm working in. I thought it will be nice to save the original file name of the file uploaded in the same name to in addition to some unique combination to allow files of the same name to be uploaded too. I came to a problem handling arabic names of files as they will have problem when handled by the server.. so I thought about making a class or function to help me with this but I find it hard and time consuming process duo to hundreds of arabic glyphs in arabic keyboard, for example the Aleph character has about 5 glyphs, and some character combination may sound different too... I knew Khaled Al-Shamma'a works before in this field but I didn't know that he already thought about this kind of function/class. but looking from what Ideas he made before I wasn't suprised to see that he already did it and it worked very nice !!
I don't blame him for lack of documentation as he's the only one working on his project. and his works are very easy to use for any PHP programmer ( with medium to high level of knowledge )...

I just need to trim the result to control the length of file name & to remove some unwanted characters as I'll use the result as a file name...